REIV Report – New COVID19 Government Directions Released, Effective Midnight Tue 12th May
REIV Report to Members Tue 12th May (extract below)
The Government has just released the New Restricted Activity Directions (No. 7) and Stay at Home Directions (No. 6). The new Directions are effective from midnight tonight. Key points to note are listed below.
An estate agent in Victoria may organise:
1. An auction to take place for the sale of a residential property, during the restricted activity period, only if that auction is to be attended in person by no more than 10 members of the public (excluding the owners or residents of the property and any person(s) reasonably required to facilitate the auction),whether or not other members of the public also attend remotely; and
2. An inspection of a residential property during the restricted activity period for the purposes of a prospective sale or rental of the property, only if the estate agent does not permit more than 10 members of the public (excluding the owners or residents of the property and any person(s) reasonably required to facilitate the inspection) to enter the premises at any one time.
Note: these restrictions do not apply to dealings with property other than residential property.
3. An estate agent that arranges an auction or inspection in accordance with subclauses (1) or (2) during the restricted activity period must:
a. request that each person entering the premises provide:
i. their first name, and
ii. a contact phone number,
and, if provided, must keep a record of those details, and the date and time at which each person entered the premises; and
b. not permit the number of people in a single undivided indoor space to exceed the density quotient.
Definition of density quotient
The density quotient of a single undivided indoor space is the number calculated by dividing the total area of the space (measured in square meters) by 4.
Example: if an indoor space is 8.5 metres long and 4.5 metres wide, its total area is 38.25 square metres. Its density quotient is 9.56, so no more than 9 people would be permitted in the indoor space at the same time.
I would also like to clarify that it is our recommendation that attendees download the CovidSafe App as an additional precautionary measure. This is not a government requirement.
The REIV has developed template signs that Members can use for display at inspections and auctions. Links below.
The Residential Tenancies (COVID-19 Emergency Measures) Regulations 2020 have also been released. We are working through these and will provide further information, as required.
Stay safe, stay healthy
In case you missed our exclusive live recording webinar Thursday 7th December.
Here it is:
Property Landscape – Present Situation & Market Sentiment – Mark Errichiello From Master Advocates
This meeting is proudly presented in association with Moonee Valley City Councils COVID19 Business support Webinar Series and
Special Guest Speakers:
– Leah Calnan, REIV President and
– Richard Simpson, REIV Past President and current Director
News sources in this issue: REIV, Master Advocates Real Estate Services, Moonee Valley City Council